LOUISVILLE, Ky.—February 18, 2019—GE Appliances, a Haier company, has unveiled a new high-tech, high-style Kitchen Hub for consumers looking to modernize their space, maximize their cooking resources and connect their IoT devices in one central, eye-catching command center. GE Appliances will commercially launch the much-anticipated new smart home solution in May 2019 and will have it on display at the International Builders’ Show 2019.
“The Kitchen Hub enhances a family’s ability to create great meals, connect with loved ones and manage control of their households from the most important room in the home—the kitchen,” said Shawn Stover, vice president of SmartHome Solutions, GE Appliances. “At its core, the Kitchen Hub brings more skill and efficiency to the home cook. But it goes far beyond the kitchen, giving users a single, universal cooking and smart home portal that saves them time and allows them to focus on the things that matter most to them.”
The Kitchen Hub features a 27-inch smart touchscreen and ventilation system that was designed to easily fit in the space above the range. Consumers can use the forward-facing cameras to interact with friends and family, and the overhead camera to snap, upload and share their culinary masterpieces and access the Google Assistant. And for entertainment, the Kitchen Hub provides voice-command capabilities via the Google Assistant and access to popular apps for recipes, dinner playlists, streaming movies and social networking.
The new appliance also boasts a high-powered, four-speed, adjustable 600 CFM ventilation system that complies with UL® standards for above cooktops and ranges. The Kitchen Hub was designed for easy clean and care with a patent-pending, first-of-its-kind air curtain around the screen and cameras to protect from heat, steam and grease.
“This is truly an all-in-one solution that allows builders and designers to bring a modern and functional flair to their designs, especially for consumers who want to personalize their space while taking advantage of the latest technologies,” Stover said. “They’ll be able to manage their smart home from one place, including preheating the oven, brewing coffee, starting the washer, playing music, dimming lights and using their favorite apps—all through the Kitchen Hub.”
The many standout features of GE Appliances’ Kitchen Hub include:
- Access to thousands of recipes through SideChef, as well as guided cooking features and precision cooking capabilities
- Built-in Google Assistant, allowing owners to create grocery lists, plan meals, search the internet for answers or even control the thermostat
- Live video chat functionality with multiple camera angles, including a forward-facing lens so consumers can video call mom for cooking advice or simply catch up with friends
- An overhead cooktop-facing camera and ample task lighting to make it easier than ever to share the latest culinary masterpiece on social media
- Access to calendars and schedules for streamlined organization and efficient household management
- Connectivity to other smart home devices, like temperature control, lighting systems and cameras, and the ability to access and control a variety of productivity and smart home apps using the Kitchen Hub as the single portal
- Interoperability with other connected appliances, including CAFÉ™, Monogram®, GE Profile™ and Haier brand washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, air conditioners, wall ovens, cooktops, microwaves and ranges
GE Appliances’ Kitchen Hub is enabled by the U+ Connect platform, a proven operating system that is global, open and secure, with virtually endless interoperability possibilities. The open platform enables simple connectivity with other smart home products—even outside of the kitchen—and provides a future-proof solution for consumers that is easily updated as technology evolves. The dynamic platform allows the ongoing addition of tools and resources, ensuring users can take advantage of new features and functionalities to maximize the value of their connected appliances.
The price range for the Kitchen Hub is $1,199 to $1,399 MSRP and is available in four different finishes.
About GE Appliances WiFi-Connected Technology
GE Appliances, a Haier company, a leader in WiFi-connected appliance technology, makes owners’ lives easier while improving their daily routines. With its connected suite of GE Appliances, owners can monitor and maintain their home from near or far using their voice or a mobile device. GE Appliances uses the U+ Connect platform as the smart connection that seamlessly integrates their connected appliances with partners, including Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, Apple® HomeKit™, Amazon Dash Replenishment, Nest Labs, Drop, IFTTT, SideChef, Hestan Cue™ and Innit. Connected appliances are also updated remotely with new capabilities and can assess their own performance, allowing for unparalleled service. To learn more, visit https://www.geappliances.com/ge/connected-appliances/.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances, a Haier company, creates “good things, for life” through our passion for great appliances and the happiness they can bring to every household. With the Hotpoint, Haier, GE®, GE Profile™, CAFÉ™ and Monogram® brands, people and families have more choices for making their kitchens and homes amazing each day. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners and water filtration systems. For more information, visit www.geappliances.com/our-company.